Guest Post by Vikramjeet Singh
Lack of concentration and getting nervous just before the commencement of exams is common among many students. While MBA exams going around, tension do gets build up. This tension may help you or worsen your condition during the exam. So, it all depends how you deal with your nerves. Your whole preparation for the respective entrance exam may get spoil, if you don’t deal with it appropriately. I have seen many MBA aspirants not able to take test to their full expectations just because of nervousness and tension being created. So, it’s a very serious matter of how to deal with undue stress and tensions.
Well, I am going to discuss few of the points which may really help you out in overcoming such undesired stress to do well in the exam.
1. Relax: This is the best thing to do before the test. Give your mind and your body some to relax. So that they can feel free and can regain the energy you spent during your late nights or early morning preparations for the test.
2. Avoid last minute preparation: I have seen many aspirants studying all through till last minute before the test. This Is the best technique to create undue stress in order to spoil your exam. Please, Avoid it. What you have not done till one day before the test, you can’t do it in last few minutes. It may hamper the functioning of your mind. As, you are putting undue pressure on your mind to memorize the things in the last minute when you are already very nervous and
tensed due to the exam. It’s better to give your mind enough time to relax so as to perform well.
3. Have FUN: “All work and no play make jack a dull boy”. Fun doesn’t come to an end with the tests. Do understand this. You do need break from your busy schedule so as to enjoy and remain calm during the exam. Even our mind need to cool down. Even our gadgets need rest as continuous working may hamper their functioning. So, go outside, Have chit-chat with your friends (not related to your studies of course). Have fun and this will provide you with much needed stamina for coping with exam stress and stay focus.
4. Accessory: Be prepared with you admit card, pencil, pens, eraser etc one day before the exam. Even looking for such things also creates stress. I am saying this from my personal experience. Also, go and have a look at your test center one or two day before the D-Day. Do not reach too early or too late for the test, as both affects your mind status. Do not eat too heavy. Otherwise you will doze during the test.
5. Stay positive: It is common human tendency to dream. So, most of us start thinking about the results even before taking the exam. And even that will unnecessarily create stress. Avoid it ! You are supposed to stay positive before the exam. Because confidence is one thing which can change the whole game. So, do not think of negative aspects as to what will happen after the exam. Just be focused on as to how you going to take the test. And that everything will be fine. Even Lord Krishna said in Mahabharta ”Karam kar, Phal ki ichha mat kar” ( Do your work effectively, don’t worry for the results ).
Last but not the least; hard work plays an important role in your success. Trust GOD, Be focused and confident and go for your test. All the Best.
Cognizant Technology Solutions (Pune)