“Mathematicians love books,” said Paul Halmos in his autobiography, I Want to be a Mathematician. And it’s true; we do. We like to read them, and we also like to press them on others, in the hopes that they’ll come to love our subject as much as we do.
Here we are making an effort to list down some of the best books related to quick calculations, mental mathematics or speed arithmetic. These books are amazingly interesting and helpful for students who are preparing for Competitive Examinations like CAT, GMAT, GRE or any other.
Feel free to suggest any book which you want to be included in this list. I am also putting Flipkart.com link for each book. Each book is an investment for lifetime. I always order these books online to get free home delivery and to get good discounts on listed price. What more do one need?
List of Best Fast Calculation Books
I think each book in this list is written in very lucid language and is superb source of knowledge. These books can surely change the way you perceive mathematics, especially arithmetic.
Click on the “Buy Online” link to read summary and reviews of any book in this list -
- Vedic Mathematics – By Bharati Krsna Tirthaji - Buy Online
- The Trachtenberg Speed System Of Basic Mathematics – By Jakow Trachtenberg – Buy Online
- Math Magic: The Human Calculator Shows How To Master Everyday Math Problems In Seconds – By Scott Flansburg – Buy Online
- Miracle Math: How To Develop A Calculator In Your Head – By Harry Lorayne – Buy Online
- Doing Simple Math in Your Head – By W. J. Howard – Buy Online
- How To Calculate Quickly: Full Course In Speed Arithmetic – By Henry Sticker – Buy Online
- Rapid Math Tricks And Tips: Thirty Days To Number Power – By Edward H. Julius – Buy Online
If anyone has read anyone of these books, please let everyone know about your experience.