Common Aptitude Test or as it is called CAT needs complete and correct preparation before appearing for the examination.However, the scenario is many students are seen rushing for the last minute preparation and in the process end up creating a massacre. Many fail to understand this is the ideal time to recapitulate whatever one has learnt in the last few months. This is the best time to sit back, do an overview of the important topics studied earlier. It will be best if a student can bring back the mental peace and remember certain tips before appearing for the test.
There are certain do’s that are necessarily to be remembered before the final call is taken up such as:
- Relax: This is the ultimate time to take a long breath, build up the positive confidence and concentrate on the important things. It is the ideal time to sum up the entire study materials by allotting the time for each separate section. Apart from these things, one needs to sleep and eat properly to maintain one’s health in a proper way.
- Analyze: Appointing a time and solving the problems from the test papers within the same time frame will help a student to speed up in the next test. This will also help to find out both the negative and positive areas, thus helping to a student to highlight on them more seriously. Such a venture will help one to finely tune the strategies for separate sections to be solved in the paper.
- Practice: It will be a good idea to go through the past years set of questions so that one has the basic idea how the actual paper will look like. The best part will be to conduct self exams in order to get a proper overview of one’s preparation. Going through different set of question papers and trying to find out answers for them will definitely find a student a good rank in the tests.
- Time management: This is one of the most important factors that need proper attention. In order to succeed in a competitive exam a student must remember this vital factor because if there is not enough speed one can really never complete the entire question paper and have to remain unanswered for many questions. This can lead to losing of lot of marks and hence, practicing enough for solving the entire paper on time is very important.
Some Dont’s those are necessary to be remembered:
- Do not begin any fresh topic: Trying to learn a new topic will only add to the tension instead of helping a student in anyway. If by any chance you fail to memorize any given important topic then there is no need to panic. It is better to recapitulate the old ones rather than struggling with the new ones. It is safe to thoroughly look into the already done topics and revise them again and again for perfection.
- Never focus on Mock CATs score: One should always remember to concentrate mainly on the preparation rather thanfocusing on the marks received by the students in the tests and mock tests. This will help them to be ahead in the competition by concentrating on their studies solely rather than marks.
- Move ahead: Do not get stuck only on one question. It will be a good idea to move ahead and answer the remaining questions in order to complete the remaining paper. The better idea will be to solve the easier ones quickly and then in the remaining time trying to solve the tough questions and securing the marks.
- Canopy should be avoided: It is be a wise idea not to solve any questions without knowing the exact answers for them. Guessing the answers, which will turn out to be wrong will lead in reducing the marks to a great extent. Always remember in the CAT exams what matters the most is the quality and not the quantity that will open bright doors for a good future. Every single and correct option will increase the rankings to a great extent.
- Strict no to rumors: It will be a wise idea not to lend ears to any of the rumors in the examination hall that will not only make you panic but also will lead to shake your confidence. This is because in such exams every set of questions is different and if one set is complicated it will definitely not mean the other set will be the same for you. The best idea will be to concentrate on whatever you have studied and have complete faith in yourself and your preparation.
- Never get tensed: Tension is the spoiling agent of all good situations that leads in creating havoc unnecessarily. It will be a wise idea to keep your cool and then trying to solve the tough questions with you own capability and knowledge. Taking too much pressure will not only increase the mental stress but it will also lead to decrease the level of self confidence. This is quite dangerous because it will force to forget whatever one has studied and reduce the minimal chances of getting a good rank.
However, frightening it might sound one should always remember to keep their spirits high in every scenario and try to overcome their weak points by analyzing on them thoroughly. Remembering the above said points will not only help the students to overcome their tensions but will also lead to assisting them in scoring high marks in the CAT exams.Tags: CAT 2012 Do's and Don'ts, CAT Tips and Tricks, Do's and Don'ts when taking Mock CATs