Answer questions 1 to 5 on the basis of the information given below.
K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, U and W are the only ten members in a department. There is a proposal to form a team from within the members of the department, subject to the following conditions:
- A team must include exactly one among P, R, and S.
- A team must include either M or Q, but not both.
- If a team includes K, then it must also include L, and vice versa.
- If a team includes one among S, U, and W, then it must also include the other two.CAT 2006
- L and N cannot be members of the same team.
- L and U cannot be members of the same team.
- The size of a team is defined as the number of members in the team.
1. What could be the size of a team that includes K?
a. 2 or 3
b. 2 or 4
c. 3 or 4
d. Only 2
e. Only 4
Ans. e. As K is included, L is included. So, N and U cannot be included. As U is not included, S and W are not included. One out of M and Q and one out of P and R will be included.
Thus, the team will include: K, L, (M or Q) and (P or R).
Hence, option e.
Read the rest of this entry »Tags: Logical Reasoning, logical reasoning questions, Logical Reasoning Questions and Answers, Logical reasoning questions with Answers