Many of us love to read and can read anything and everything may it be newspaper or a bag made out of newspaper. I have many friends who love reading T-shirt quotations. On the other hand some don’t like to read as much as others may be it reminds them of their school days. Whatever may be the reason of their behavior; they still need to overcome this problem and put in some effort in reading.
The benefits of reading
- Reading exercises your brain- Are you shocked? Yes, our brain cells also need exercise just as much our muscle cells do. Reading helps to engage our brain cells and this makes you sharper and smarter. Our brain cells try to paint an image of the things that we read. Reading is a better exercise than watching a movie! You are awestruck. Yes, it’s true.
- Reading improves our vocabulary and language skills as well – A person who is an avid reader has a much better language skill compared to a person who is not into so much of reading. The reason is simple. Books and other study materials make us aware of the use of language and also improve our vocabulary. It’s the easiest way to improve your vocabulary. If you are a regular reader you will come across various writing styles and usage of words. It will surely reflect in your writing and verbal communication as well. Keep reading books and other materials, give yourself variety and your vocabulary is sure to improve.
- Acquiring knowledge – Yes my friend, reading opens a whole new world for us. It answers our queries, makes us aware of the unknown and satisfies our inquisitiveness. Reading does it all. Books enlighten us and you can become knowledgeable every time you encounter a new piece of information. There are millions of books and millions of diverse subjects in the world. Whatever you want to know in the world books answer all your queries.
- Reading increases attention and concentration. Reading a novel takes quite an amount of time and at times we become so engrossed in it that we forget the world around us. Such is the passion for reading. Reading helps build concentration and increases the attention span too.
- Reading entertains us. Reading is more entertaining than watching a TV show. Many of the passionate readers will surely agree with me. Just imagine the first time you had read the Cinderella story for the first time as a kid. I can bet you loved reading it. It was very entertaining. So I can assure you reading entertains you thoroughly.
- Reading makes us more creative. Reading enhances our power to think and helps us increase our imagination. It makes us very creative and helps make innovations. I get so many ideas about paintings from the description of the various things I read in books. It really helps me think bigger and brighter.
Reading reduces stress. After a stressful day reading a motivational story may help you unwind in a better way. It may really boost your enthusiasm to even work harder the next day.
Some good books to read are mentioned below.
Many of the readers may want suggestions about some good books to read. You may find the following books quite interesting.
- How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish by Rashmi Bansal
- The white Tiger by Aravind Adiga
- My Experiment with Truth by M.K.Gandhi
I have linked each book with their flipkart page, so that you can read more about them. Also read the reviews.
For fun reading you can try these two books
- 2 states – the story of my life by chetan bhagat
- Five point someone by Chetan bhagat
- The Immortals of Meluha by Amish Tripathi
- Chanakya’s Chant by Ashwin Sanghi
The list of books to read is endless. Hope you enjoy these books. If you are planning to do an MBA in near future, you must read few suggested books to read before going for mba.
- How to improve your vocabulary?
- Fast Reading for Reading Comprehension
- How to Improve your Reading Speed?